The QEXCA offers residents a chance to join together, plan and provide programs and events, and get to know your neighbours. Take part in your Community Association and help make your community an even better place to live!
There are many ways you can volunteer:
- helping with the WinterFest Family Fun Day, Sat. Mar. 16 noon to 3:00 p.m.
- flood /shovel an outdoor rink
- help edit the newsletter or website
- act as liaison with churches
- help develop partnerships with local businesses
- coordinate indoor programs
- provide leadership as a Board member
Community Association volunteers make friends, share their knowledge and expertise, get exercise or build their resume with positive work experience.
Contact us at email@example.com to find out how you can take action and improve life in your community!
At this year’s AGM, the positions of President, Vice President, Secretary and up to ten Directors-at-Large are open for nominations.
We are looking for School Liaisons. These are not Director positions and are not required to attend Board meetings. Each School Liaison is responsible to maintain communication between the QEXCA and the administration (and often the School Community Council) of one of five schools in the Community and report, at least quarterly, to the Community Relations Coordinator.
There are three (3) vacancies:
- École canadienne-française, Pavillon Monique Rousseau – Ideally, this person will be fluently bilingual, French and English, and able to translate QEXCA documents for the Francophone community.
- Frances Cree Bilingual School – Ideally, this person will be of aboriginal ancestry.
- Aden Bowman Collegiate Institute – Ideally, this person will have some experience working with teens.