Volunteer of the Month
Andrea Koh is QEXCA’s Volunteer of the Month for January!
Andrea has been volunteering for QEXCA for slightly less than a year and is very involved with the Community Association. Her focus is on programming. Her strong work ethic and dedication to her community is a great asset to QEXCA and allows for our programming to adapt and continue during these uncertain times. Andrea enjoys volunteering in the programming area and being able to see the results of her efforts (great programming for our community to enjoy). Outside of volunteering Andrea works as a LINC Assistant Coordinator and helps organize English language classes for newcomers in Saskatoon. When Andrea isn’t busy working or volunteering, she enjoys spending time with her wife, Iris, who has been an amazing source of love and support and has two adorable cats. Andrea also enjoys staying active by kayaking, yoga, swimming and walking along the Meewasin trail.
Thank you for all of your hard work with QEXCA!
Share Your Skills and Talents
The QEXCA offers residents a chance to join together, plan and provide programs and events, and get to know your neighbours. Take part in Your Community Association and help make Your Community an even better place to live!
There are many ways you can volunteer:
- help connect with schools or churches
- help clean a park or back lane
- help organise a special event
- keep the Community informed about civic affairs
- help develop partnerships with local businesses
- serve hot chocolate at WinterFest
Specifically, we are looking for:
- help to maintain the ice on the rinks – flooding and snow clearing
- volunteers to supervise public skating times – a couple of hours a month, Dec. to Mar.
- a Newsletter Coordinator to compile and design three issues per year using Microsoft Publisher or other publishing software,
- a Website Coordinator to maintain and improve our WordPress website,
- help to develop recreation programs for children or seniors,
Community Association volunteers make friends, share their knowledge and expertise, get exercise or build their resume with positive work experience.
Contact us at email@example.com to find out how you can take action and improve life in Your Community!