Volunteer of the Month
QEXCA is excited to announce the very first Volunteer of the Month. Congratulations to Josh Remai for being voted July Volunteer of the Month! Josh has been volunteering with QEXCA for about 5 years, and began his volunteering journey by helping with the rinks. He has put in a lot of time and effort to ensure Your Community has a place to enjoy a game of hockey or ice skating in the winter months. Josh also sits on the QEXCA Board of Directors. Volunteering has given Josh an opportunity to meet those within the community and is able to place names with the familiar faces he sees in his neighborhood. Outside of working and volunteering, Josh keeps busy sailing, playing hockey, signing up for triathlons and, together with his partner Julie Barnes, enjoying the outdoors.
If there is someone volunteering for the Association whom, you feel, deserves recognition, send your nomination to Ashley email@example.com.
Share Your Skills and Talents
The QEXCA offers residents a chance to join together, plan and provide programs and events, and get to know your neighbours. Take part in Your Community Association and help make Your Community an even better place to live!
There are many ways you can volunteer:
- help connect with schools or churches
- help clean a park or back lane
- help organise a special event
- keep the Community informed about civic affairs
- help develop partnerships with local businesses
- flood /shovel an outdoor rink
- supervise public skating
- serve hot chocolate at WinterFest
Specifically, we are looking for:
- a Newsletter Coordinator to compile and design three issues per year using Microsoft Publisher or other publishing software,
- a Website Coordinator to maintain and improve our WordPress website,
- help to develop recreation programs for youth, adults or seniors,
- help to rebuild QE rink – details on the Rinks page.
- At the Annual General Meeting, in October, there will be openings, on the Board, for Executive positions and for Directors.
Community Association volunteers make friends, share their knowledge and expertise, get exercise or build their resume with positive work experience.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can take action and improve life in Your Community!