Volunteer of the Month
Shawn Volk is QEXCA’s Volunteer of the Month for October!
He has been volunteering with the Community Association for the past three years, and has been very involved with maintenance/assisting with the rinks and with sitting on the QEXCA Board. Shawn is always willing to lend a helping hand in the community and, while volunteering, he has had opportunities to meet neighbors and members of the community. By having such an active role with QEXCA Shawn is able to contribute to building a stronger community to raise his family in. In his spare time Shawn enjoys spending time with his wife, Denise, and two young sons, Benjamin and Logan. His family loves to play sports, along with walking and biking in the neighborhood. Thank you for volunteering with QEXCA and for all your hard work and efforts!
Share Your Skills and Talents
The QEXCA offers residents a chance to join together, plan and provide programs and events, and get to know your neighbours. Take part in Your Community Association and help make Your Community an even better place to live!
There are many ways you can volunteer:
- help connect with schools or churches
- help clean a park or back lane
- help organise a special event
- keep the Community informed about civic affairs
- help develop partnerships with local businesses
- flood /shovel an outdoor rink
- supervise public skating
- serve hot chocolate at WinterFest
Specifically, we are looking for:
- a Newsletter Coordinator to compile and design three issues per year using Microsoft Publisher or other publishing software,
- a Website Coordinator to maintain and improve our WordPress website,
- help to develop recreation programs for children or seniors,
- help to rebuild QE rink – details on the Rinks page.
- At the Annual General Meeting, in October, there will be openings, on the Board, for Executive positions and for Directors.
Community Association volunteers make friends, share their knowledge and expertise, get exercise or build their resume with positive work experience.
Contact us at email@example.com to find out how you can take action and improve life in Your Community!