Something different for 2022-2023
Weaver Park will not be available for a ski trail this season because of the construction of the storm pond. Unfortunately, the QEXCA has not been approved for funding of a ski trail in any of its other neighbourhood parks, either.
Alternatively, we recommend you enjoy the Diefenbaker Park Trail, which will be maintained by the City.
Please, direct your questions and comments, including photos and stories to XCSki@qexca.ca
The 2.6 kilometre trail is available daily for all to enjoy from January to mid-March – weather permitting – at no cost.
All activities on and around the trial are at your own risk.
QEXCA wants everyone to have an enjoyable skiing experience. In the interest of safety, sportsmanship and consideration of all participants, we ask everyone to respect the trail, the park and each other.
Please, practice Ski Trail Etiquette while using trails:
- If you enjoy walking in areas where there are ski trails, please respect skiers and avoid groomed trails. Footprints can damage the ski tracks and skating lanes, making skiing difficult and less enjoyable.
- Dogs are not permitted on ski trails.
- Obey directions on one-way trails.
- Ski on the right on double tracks.
- Step off the trail for faster skiers.
More information about cross-country skiing is available from the Saskatoon Nordic Ski Club.