Volunteer of the Month
For September, our Volunteer of the Month is Matt Corman. Matt has been volunteering with QEXCA since December of 2020, initially connecting with the President of QEXCA after having an interest in organizing a groomed cross-country ski trail in Weaver Park. The association was enthusiastic about the idea, which prompted the enthusiasm out of Matt, too. His favourite part about volunteering is having the sense of being more connected with his community while being able to make a meaningful contribution to those around him.
He has been bartending at Earl’s Saskatoon for many years and has just recently started a career with the Saskatchewan Health Authority as an Addictions Counsellor within the last year. His girlfriend, Taylor, is a Dental Assisting student currently attending the Regina Saskatchewan Polytechnic Campus. Together they have the joy of caring for their little rescue pup, Pierre. When Matt isn’t working or volunteering he enjoys playing disc golf and golf in the summer, along with spending time out at Wakaw lake with family and friends!
Thank you for your hard work this past year!
Share Your Skills and Talents
Community Association volunteers make friends, share their knowledge and expertise, get exercise or build their resume with positive work experience.
The QEXCA offers an opportunity to join together to plan and provide programs and events and to get to know your neighbours. Take part in Your Community Association and help make Your Community an even better place to live!
There are many ways you can volunteer:
- help serve refreshments at an event
- help clean a park or back lane
- help put on a special event
- help improve our communication methods
- help maintain one of our rinks
- help develop recreation programs for children or seniors
- help connect with schools or churches
- help develop partnerships with local businesses
Specifically, we are looking for:
- a Treasurer to ensure that our financial affairs are conducted correctly and efficiently.
- Directors, for the Board, to support and promote our purpose and objectives
- a Social Coordinator to organise activities that promote our values while entertaining and educating residents.
Contact us at email@example.com to find out how you can take action to improve life in Your Community!