Volunteer of the Month
Congratulations to Jeanne Beaudoin QEXCA Volunteer of the Month for June! Jeanne has lived in the Exhibition area for almost 20 years and has volunteered with QEXCA at various times throughout that time. Her daughter, Madeleine, also likes to help out by volunteering with the Community Association now that she is older. Her family also includes her pets, a cat named KC and gecko named Daisy. Jeanne enjoys volunteering because it gives her the chance to meet new people and be a part of the community. Going for walks in the community is a great way for her to connect with her neighbors. She works as a community, medical social worker, and likes to spend her spare time running her daughter around for soccer and helping out. Jeanne’s time spent volunteering at QEXCA has been greatly appreciated.
Thank you for all of the hard work Jeanne!
Learn about Volunteers from previous months or volunteers from 2020.
If there is someone volunteering for the Association whom you feel deserves recognition, send your nomination to Ashley email@example.com.
Share Your Skills and Talents
Community Association volunteers make friends, share their knowledge and expertise, get exercise or build their resume with positive work experience.
The QEXCA offers an opportunity to join together to plan and provide programs and events and to get to know your neighbours. Take part in Your Community Association and help make Your Community an even better place to live!
There are many ways you can volunteer:
- help serve refreshments at an event
- help clean a park or back lane
- help put on a special event
- help improve our communication methods
- help maintain one of our rinks
- help develop recreation programs for children or seniors
- help connect with schools or churches
- help develop partnerships with local businesses
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Treasurer to ensure that our financial affairs are conducted correctly and efficiently. (Job Description)
- Newsletter Coordinator to compile, edit and distribute three newsletters each year, including one printed issue. (Job Description)
- Liaison to establish and maintain our relationship with leaders in all nine of our churches. (Job Description)
- Liaisons to maintain our relationship with each of our five schools. (Job Description)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can take action to improve life in Your Community!