The QEXCA owns and operates two natural ice outdoor skating rinks:
Achs Park Rink 102 Elm St. at McPherson Ave. and
Queen Elizabeth School Rink 1905 Eastlake Ave. at Taylor St.
The Queen Elizabeth Rink Rebuild!!
With your help, and a substantial grant from the City of Saskatoon, Your Community Association finished a major renovation to the rink at Queen Elizabeth School, this fall:
new boards, some new posts and a somewhat smaller rink.
If you would like to offer “in kind” or financial support, we will be happy to talk with you – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat. Sep. 19
Fifteen volunteers dismantled the current rink; boards, posts and chain-link puckstop.
The bobcat removed the piles and posts for the western section of the rink.
Thu. Oct 1.
The piling crew installed new posts at west end of new, smaller rink.
Sat. Oct. 3
Fifteen volunteers rebuilt the rails and puck-stops.
Sat. Oct 17
Twenty volunteers rebuilt the boards and cleaned the site.
See Photos of the our progress and share our Shout Out to some folks who helped.
We need a few more volunteers this season. Do you like skating?
Can you spare about 3hr. /month? We’re looking for help to flood and shovel the ice to keep it at its best – and/or – to supervise public skate times.
Can you help? Email email@example.com.
The rinks are available daily from mid-December to mid-March – weather permitting.
The lights will be on from dusk until 10:00 p.m.
All activities on and around these rinks are at your own risk.
The heated shack, at each rink, will be open during Supervised Public Skating.
Supervised Public Skating will be cancelled if the temperature falls below -25O C (with the windchill) or rises above 0O C. Check the weather.
For the 2020 – 21 season,
Watch here for Supervised Public Skating times
at each rink.
QEXCA wants everyone to have an enjoyable skating experience. In the interest of safety, sportsmanship and consideration of all participants (particularly children), staff and guests, we ask all parties to respect the ice, the shack, the park and each other. Therefore, we have a few rules.
- Be careful! There will be slippery surfaces all around the rink and shack.
- Always wear a helmet while on the ice.
- Horseplay is not permitted in or around the rink or shack at any time.
- Abusive language or violence against anyone, will not be tolerated.
- Food and drink are not permitted on the ice at any time.
- Alcohol, tobacco or cannabis are not permitted on the ice or in the shack at any time.
- Sticks or pucks are not permitted on the ice during Supervised Public Skating.
- Proper skate aids are permitted for novice skaters only.
- Strollers or improper carrying of children that may put them in danger
are not permitted on the ice at any time.
- Parents are responsible for conduct of their children.
- Pets are not permitted on the ice at any time.
- Remove all your garbage to leave the site cleaner than you found it.
Rinks Emergency Contacts
The red emergency light will stay on continuously when the temperature, in the shack, drops low enough potentially to allow the water service pipes to freeze and rupture.
If the emergency light of either rink is on, please:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and call:
Weekdays during working hours call 306-975-2476 (City of Saskatoon Customer Service) or 306 975-3378 (City of Saskatoon, Recreation and Community Development Branch) Evenings and weekends call 306-956-6022 (answering service)
The Achs rink emergency light is on the east – McPherson Ave. – side of the shack.
The Queen Elizabeth rink emergency light is on the north – Taylor St. – side of the shack.