The QEXCA owns and operates two natural ice outdoor skating rinks:
Achs Park Rink 102 Elm St. at McPherson Ave. and
Queen Elizabeth School Rink 1905 Eastlake Ave. at Taylor St.
We need a few more volunteers this season. Do you like skating?
Can you spare about 3hr. /month? We’re looking for help to flood and shovel the ice to keep it at its best – and/or – to supervise public skate times. Can you help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rink Work Party – Saturday, Oct. 12
Thanks, so much, to all 20 volunteers who helped prepare the rinks for the season. Staff of Queen Elizabeth took time from their holiday weekend to work with a number of grade 7 and 8 students. Many folks brought their children. Some of our rink crew was on hand, as well. We appreciate all their efforts. A special nod to nature for providing perfect weather.
The rinks are available daily from mid-December to mid-March – weather permitting.
The lights will be on from dusk until 11:00 p.m.
All activities on and around these rinks are at your own risk.
The heated shack, at each rink, will be open during Supervised Public Skating.
Supervised Public Skating will be cancelled if the temperature falls below -25O C (with the windchill) or rises above 0O C. Check the weather.
For the 2019 – 20 season,
Supervised Public Skating times will be
Saturdays and Sundays noon to 3:00 p.m.
QEXCA wants everyone to have an enjoyable skating experience. In the interest of safety, sportsmanship and consideration of all participants (particularly children), staff and guests, we ask all parties to respect the ice, the shack, the park and each other. Therefore, we have a few rules.
- Be careful! There will be slippery surfaces all around the rink and shack.
- Always wear a helmet while on the ice.
- Horseplay is not permitted in or around the rink or shack at any time.
- Abusive language or violence against anyone, will not be tolerated.
- Food and drink are not permitted on the ice at any time.
- Alcohol, tobacco or cannabis are not permitted on the ice or in the shack at any time.
- Sticks or pucks are not permitted on the ice during Supervised Public Skating.
- Proper skate aids are permitted for novice skaters only.
- Strollers or improper carrying of children that may put them in danger
are not permitted on the ice at any time.
- Parents are responsible for conduct of their children.
- Pets are not permitted on the ice at any time.
- Remove all your garbage to leave the site cleaner than you found it.
Rinks Emergency Contact
The red emergency light will stay on continuously when the temperature, in the shack, drops low enough potentially to allow the water service pipes to freeze and rupture.
If the emergency light of either rink is on, please:
Email email@example.com and call:
Weekdays during working hours call 306-975-2476 (City of Saskatoon Customer Service) or 306 975-3378 (City of Saskatoon, Recreation and Community Development Branch)Evenings and weekends call 306-956-6022 (answering service)
The Achs rink emergency light is on the east – McPherson Ave. – side of the shack.
The Queen Elizabeth rink emergency light is on the north – Taylor St. – side of the shack.